Here’s a list of items I spend most time of, daily (both work and non-work related):
- Terminal – This should not come as a surprise. vim is my main tool for editing code, and I spend a lot of time on it. I also spend a lot of time using grep when searching for something, or running PHP/Coq/etc from command line to quick test some code. git is also there.
- Chrome – After I write the code, I need to test it. Using the browser usually involves testing, but also stuff like social media, this blog, or reading something else interesting.
- Notes – I don’t think about this application that much, but it’s a fact that I spend a lot of time using it (both mobile and desktop). You can write just anything in Notes, but I classify mine mostly to be:
- Schedules, appointments
- Temporary information (what work I’ve done for the week, random thoughts, ideas (e.g. this post))
- Personal information (card id, pin codes, bike codes)
- Short Math proofs
There’s my list. What applications do you use on a daily basis? Feel free to put some in the comments section.